LET’S START THE POST- X-RAY & C T SCAN ARTIFACTS IN THE IMAGE OF THE FILM
An artifact is any error in the image (film) that is not related to the subject being studied
- Ring artifact
- Malfunction of tube arching
- Electrical malfunction
- Detector malfunction
An artifact is any error in the image (film ) that is related to the subject being studied.
- Motion artifact
- Metal artifact
- Noise artifact
- Beam hardening artifact
- Partial volume artifact
Fog –That is generally darkening of the film image.
- Exposure of the light
- Exposure to X-ray
- Chemical fog –overdeveloped, oxidized
- Age fog –outdated film, store high temperature, excessive humidity
Stain –various type of discoloration
- Brown –oxidized developer
- Grayish –yellow or brown – excessive fixing
- Grayish -white – incomplete washing
Mark defects –There are several different types of marks that appear in the image of the film, ie not handled properly.
- Crinkle mark
- Static marks -are lightening or tree-like black mark on the film image
- Cassette mark-when the film process, not gently handled by staff that region cassette marks appear in the film image.
Motion artifact –A movement of patient (uncooperative patient )
- Patient motion artifact – irritable patient, injured patient
- Noise artifact- Generally occur in children who are not cooperate
- Breathing artifact.
(Not properly cooperate that region this types of artifact appear in the image on x-ray film )
- Ring artifact- ring artifact appear in 3rd generation or rotate – rotate C T system.
- Electrical malfunction artifact.
- Malfunction of tube artifact.
- Detector malfunction artifact.
- Patient motion artifact-this types of artifact appear, when patient irritable condition, uncooperative.
- Metal artifact –like earring, surgical clip, prosthetic devices dental filling, ECG electrode, anythings implant metal entire area being studied.
- Beam hardening artifact -increase the mean energy of the X-ray, when it passes through the object. this kind of artifact can be reduced with filters.
- Partial volume artifact –Some computer algorithms can reduce partial volume artifact.
I HOPE YOU GUY’S YOU LIKE THIS POST – X-RAY & C T SCAN ARTIFACTS IN THE IMAGE OF THE FILM