Let’s start this post -TLD-(THERMOLUMINESCENT DOSIMETER)
TLD badge mainly a plastic cassettes and nickel-plated aluminium, containing 3 disc.1- metallic filter,2-plastic transparent, 3-open window.
TLD is capable of using absorbed doses from about 1m rad to thousands of rads (accuracy +,-10%)
TLD badge is more accurate than film badge it consists CaSo4 (calcium sulphate )with Dy(dysprosium 0.05%), ratio – 3:1
CaSo4 also called thermoluminescent material, another most common type of TLD like calcium fluoride, lithium fluoride, beryllium oxide etc.
TLD-badges are radiation recording device which is sensitive to X-ray, Gama ray and Beta radiation, (dose range 10 mR to10,000 mR) Badge service is conducted on a quarterly basis and they are sent to BARC (Bhabha atomic research centre Mumbai ) for dose evaluation.
Also, Ultra tech laboratory private limited Kumhari, Raipur (Chhattisgarh ) provide personnel monitoring service under the supervision of BRAC (Bhabha atomic research centre Mumbai )
- In 1975 BARC developed TLD badge system.
- BARC is ested on 1954 in the name of Dr Homi Jehangir Bhabha(Birth on 30 Oct 1909- Died on 24 Jan 1966)
- Fast reading capabilities of radiation
- For making patient exposures and making other exposure measurements.
- Less given false reading due to environmental condition, such as heat, light, pressure.
Uses of TLD
- TLD badges are used medical procedure as radiology, radiotherapy, nuclear medicine and all work in radiation-related research.
- TLD badges hang inside the lead apron on chest position of a technician or Profesnnel worker, Doctors who work on radiation-related area.
Proper use (PPE) personal protective equipment-
- Good hygiene
- Control of contamination
- Proper uses of PPE (lead apron, gonad shield, lead glass, thyroid cap etc )
Question –In Fluoroscopy what can we use to measure the absorbed dose to the finger – Answer –TLD
- Which material is used for radiation protection – lead
- TLD Badge made of the material is CaSo4.
- Read more …
I hope you like this post- TLD- (THERMOLUMINESCENT DOSIMETER)